TAKE on art in collaboration with Pro Helvetia- Swiss Arts Council
presents the ART WRITERS’ AWARD (AWA) 2018-19 as part of the TAKE on art Writing series
TAKE on art Writing series was conceived to foster a writers’ and critics’ community, to generate discourse and keep conversations alive in the field of art. TAKE has always been keen on supporting emerging art writers and researchers, who have been demonstrating extraordinary skills in their respective areas of interest. In continuation of TAKE’s commitment to art writing and the Pro Helvetia-Swiss Arts Council’s sustained efforts in promoting critical discourse, we are pleased to announce the Art Writers’ Award (AWA), 2019. The award will identify and support one Indian writer and offer the recipient a research residency at Villa Straeuli in Switzerland for a period of upto 45 days.
Deadline: 1 November 2018
Research Residency at Villa Straeuli, Switzerland
Residency Period: 1 March – 15 April 2019*
(Please note that the Residency period is fixed and cannot be shifted)
– A motivation letter (400 words) expressing your interest in critical writing and research.
– Statement of purpose detailing how you intend to make use of your time in Switzerland as well as the research outcomes you foresee.
– A bio and detailed curriculum vitae.
– Four writing samples (published essays).
– Writers and researchers from India who demonstrate a strong inclination towards critical writing in the fields of photography, design, architecture, visual arts, theatre, etc. can apply.
– The applicant must have a valid passport.
The Award includes
– A residency of upto 45 days in Switzerland with all expenses covered including return airfare, cost of accommodation, a per diem, as well as travel allowance within Switzerland.
– Appointment of a Swiss coach to recommend people and spaces relevant to the recipient’s field of research.
– Introduction to and facilitation of access to archives, museums, galleries, institutions, artists and writers.
– The selected applicant is expected to submit a research paper for publication or a proposal for a curatorial project within 3 months of the completion of the residency.
Email your application as a single PDF document (no more than 10 MB in size) with your name as the file name and your queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com