Art Writers’ Award 2021
Organized by TAKE on Art with the support of the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia
TAKE on Writing Series
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research residency in Switzerland
TAKE on Art Writing series was conceived to foster a writers’ and critics’ community, to generate discourses and keep conversations alive in the field of art. In continuation of TAKE on Art’s commitment to art writing and Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia’s sustained efforts in promoting critical discourse, we are pleased to announce the third edition of Art Writers’ Award (AWA). The vision of the award is to recognize Indian art writers and offer the recipient a research residency in Switzerland for a period of up to 60 days.
We welcome applications from writers and researchers from India who demonstrate a strong inclination towards critical writing in the fields of photography, design, architecture, visual arts, and performance. The selected candidate will be awarded the following:
a) A residency of up to 60 days in Switzerland with all expenses covered including return airfare, cost of accommodation, a per diem, as well as travel allowance within Switzerland. The awardee can opt for travel if allowed however all/any quarantine cost will have to be borne by the awardee. Alternative formats will be worked out if travel is not possible.
b) A Swiss mentor will be appointed to recommend people and spaces relevant to the recipient’s field of research.
c) Introduction to and facilitation of access to archives, museums, galleries, institutions, artists, writers, and curators.
d) The selected applicant is expected to submit a research paper for publication or a proposal for a curatorial project within three months of the completion of the residency.
- Applicants must be of Indian origin.
- Applicants should have a proven track record in art research and writing.
- Applicants should be available to attend the residency in Switzerland.
- There is no age limit.
- The applications are received via an open call to ensure equal opportunity.
- The applicant must submit the complete application with the following details in a single PDF file (not more than 10 MB in size and with your name as the file name) to email@example.com by 30 April 2021.
a) Four published articles along with the link or scanned copy.
b) A residency proposal (500–1000 words) explaining how you intend to make use of your time in Switzerland as well as the research outcomes you foresee if you receive AWA.
c) Short bio (150–200 words) and detailed curriculum vitae.
d) A motivation letter (400 words) explaining your interest in critical writing and research.
- Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed by an expert jury and decisions will be made in accordance with set parameters.
- Selected candidate will be announced by 1 May 2021.