The application process now stands closed.
Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council seeks a new Head for its liaison office in New Delhi, which is mandated to support projects in the South Asian subcontinent.
HEAD OF PRO HELVETIA NEW DELHI
You will be responsible for the general management (conceptual as well as
administrative and financial) of the liaison office with 5 employees, working
in close cooperation with our head office in Zürich, Switzerland.
You will manage and strategically develop the Pro Helvetia programme within India and the South Asian subcontinent, set up and monitor the annual programmes and process applications in all art disciplines.
You will build networks with the arts sector in India and selected countries in the South Asian subcontinent and in Switzerland and maintain relations with other foreign art councils, Swiss representations (Swiss Embassies and consulates, Swissnex) and regional arts and cultural bodies.
You will co-produce events with Swiss content in India and selected cities in the subcontinent and carry out the financial administration of such projects.
– University degree or equivalent education;
– Competence in conceptual thinking and willingness to take on responsibility;
– Excellent communication and networking skills;
– Experience in cultural project management and administrative work,
including expertise in financial management and accountancy;
– Thorough knowledge of the contemporary cultural scenes in India and South Asia and professional experience within at least one artistic discipline;
– Familiarity with the international (incl. European) arts environment and
strong cross-cultural sensibilities;
– Good knowledge of English (written and spoken), knowledge of German
and/or French is an asset.
– Experience with the production of cultural events;
– Experience in personnel management; good organisational and interpersonal skills and willingness to work hands-on;
– Willingness to work irregular hours (evenings and weekends) and travel for business.
The position is a full time post.
Starting date: 1st September 2017 or according to agreement
To download a printable version of the announcement click here.
Note: The application process now stands closed.