A Commitment to Swiss Arts and Culture
Pro Helvetia New Delhi is committed to cultural exchange between Switzerland and India. The areas of operation in South Asia cover India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The head office of Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
We thank you for your interest in joining Pro Helvetia New Delhi and committing to our goals in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
As a publically financed institution we try to keep our administrative costs as low as possible. We therefore ask you not to send us any unsolicited job application.
Pro Helvetia New Delhi is currently looking for local staff in the following position:
Communication Manager (80%)
for our office in New Delhi. The Media & Communication Manager will be responsible for promoting / communicating the projects of Pro Helvetia in India and the region. The Communications Manager will work in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders including staff members, media, and the public. In collaboration with the Pro Helvetia team, this person is responsible for developing the yearly outreach/communication plan of all institutional events and activities and use the appropriate tools and methodologies to implement the plan as well as identify potential partners.
- Promote and communicate all projects at the regional level.
- Actively build and nurture media and partner networks for the office’s activities.
- Manage and update the content of the website and social media channels.
- In charge of the yearly plan and strategy of the media and communication in cooperation with the LO Head.
- In charge of keeping track of all communication templates and guidelines as assigned by the head office.
- In charge of liaising with the press, other cultural partners in the region etc.
- In charge of maintaining and updating the mailing list.
- In charge of coordinating with graphic designers, editors and web developers.
- In charge of archiving information related to projects, managing databases etc.
- An existing network with media people in the region, experience in networking, pitching campaigns etc.
- Experience in digital communication and managing online systems like CRM, working with web based image and text.
- Significant experience in generating targeted on-line media content and in using social media as an effective audience development tool
- Writing/editorial skills
- Instinct for detail, accuracy and organization combined with imagination and creativity
- Strong English language writing skills (Knowledge of German/French and regional languages an advantage)
- Ability to handle a range of projects simultaneously and in different geographies
- Intercultural sensitivity and understanding of the cultural concerns of the different environments the office operates in currently.
- Good team working skills.
- Relevant undergraduate degree/diploma in communications or related field
- Relevant work experience in managing communications in arts or allied industries (managing websites, on-line communication tools, social media and databases)
- Website design, technical skills and experience an advantage
- Experience in using image editing and design software an advantage
Please submit a motivation letter of no more than 300 words explaining how your skills and experience would prepare you for the role, together with a comprehensive but summary CV. Please also include in your motivation letter links to at least three examples of communication projects/campaigns that you have previously developed
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019